PUBLIC TRANSPORT FARES: 2 April
343. Hon KEN TRAVERS to the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Transport:
I refer to the advice on page 141 of the 2013–14 budget paper No 3 that the government has set a target rate of 40 per cent cost recovery for public transport fares by 2016–17.
(1) Has the government done any modelling on how much fares in each zone will need to be increased to reach this target rate in 2016–17?
(2) If yes to (1), will the minister table the estimated cash fare for each zone in 2016–17?
(3) If no to (1) or (2), why not?
Hon DONNA FARAGHER replied:
On behalf of the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Transport, I thank the member for some notice of this question.
(1) Yes, as part of each year’s annual state budget process.
(2) The fares for each zone in 2016–17 will be determined as part of the annual review of tariffs, fees and charges for the 2016–17 state budget.
(3) Not applicable.